Welcome to the 2012-2013 Year!Posted: August 17, 2012
Welcome back! After a fabulous summer, it is time to start our new year off in style. The first event of the year is a New Coach Workshop, hosted by Meg Howell at Mountain View High School. It takes place on September 8th from 9:00 AM to Noon. Sessions will cover issues like…
- The Organizations: NFL, AIA, & FLA
- Building a Team: Recruiting & Retention
- Being a Coach vs. a Sponsor
- Scheduling Practices
- Tournaments: What Do They Look Like?
- The Paperwork: Dotting I’s & Crossing T’s
- The Events: An Overview of the Rules
- Finding Resources to Help You & Your Students
- Establishing Team Rules / Setting Team Goals
- Judges: Who Can Judge for You? & How to Train Them?
- How to Not Bite Off More Than You Can Chew
- Navigating Parents Relationships for Support: You will need their help.
- The Unspoken Rules and Expectations
- Ethics, Honor & Integrity
RSVP to Meg at email@example.com. New coaches as well as returning coaches are welcome.
In addition, our FLA Coaches Convention and Fall Festival Practice Tournament will take place at Horizon High School on Saturday, September 15th. Details and registration are available at http://joyoftournaments.com/az/convention/info.asp.
We can’t wait to see all of you. Let us know if you have any questions.